– Keela Robison, former vice president of product innovation at Netflix, joined Google as vice president of product management leading a team working on search experience.
Robison spent three years in her role at Netflix. She was previously vice president of technology and product at Expedia Group, and CEO of Urbanspoon, the Seattle-based restaurant directory startup acquired by Zomato. She also held leadership roles at GameHouse, Amazon, WhitePage, T-Mobile, and RealNetworks.
“I’m thrilled for the opportunity to work with this incredible team and improve the experience of billions of consumers,” Robison wrote on LinkedIn.
Robison will be based at Google’s HQ in Silicon Valley. She told GeekWire that she maintains “many Seattle connections” and still comes back a few times per year to visit friends.
– Code.org, a nonprofit that focuses on expanding access to computer science in K-12, announced new members to its board of directors that will join this summer:
- Alberto CarvalhoSuperintendent of Los Angeles District, Calif.
- Sharon ContrerasSuperintendent of Guilford County Schools in North Carolina.
- Jhone EbertNevada superintendent of public instruction.
- Kevin Scottchief technology officer at Microsoft.
- Aileen Tangforms Google group product manager.
- David Treadwellsenior vice president at Amazon.
- Susan Wojcickichief executive officer of YouTube.
Other personnel changes across the Pacific Northwest tech industry:
- Dr. Susan Athey will step down from the board of Rover, effective Aug. 4.
- Divya Kakkadhead of platform at Graham & Walker, joined the board of Tasveer.
- Vidya Ramanformer general manager of health and life sciences solutions at Amazon Web Servicesis now chief medical officer at Teladoc Health.